Personal injury/wrongful death matters including:
- Motor vehicle accidents, trucking/transportation litigation, and premises liability
- Construction worksite accidents
- Recreational claims and cases involving white water rafting, ATV accidents, vehicle raceway accidents, sporting event injuries/accidents, fraternities and similar organizations
- Deliberate intent claims in West Virginia as a result of work related injuries/death
Toxic tort matters including:
- Asbestos litigation involving the defense of premises owners, manufacturers and suppliers of products alleged to have contained asbestos and contractors who are alleged to have removed and/or installed asbestos-containing products
- Defense of solvent manufacturers in cases alleging cancer as a result of benzene exposure
- Defense of product manufacturers in cases alleging poisoning as a result of mercury exposure
- Defense of railcar maintenance companies in cases alleging personal injuries and property damage as a result of exposure to coal tar light oil (CTLO)
Undergraduate: West Virginia University, B.A. History, 1999
Law School: Duquesne University, 2002
- West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United State District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia
- Defense Research Institute
- Pennsylvania Bar Association (Civil Litigation Section member)
- West Virginia Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- All state courts in Western Pennsylvania and West Virginia
- Federal District Courts of Pennsylvania and West Virginia
- Volunteer work with Big Brothers & Big Sisters of Western Pennsylvania
- Volunteer work for Career Literacy for African-American Youth (CLAAY)
Back to team page
- Estate of Brian A. Obermeier, et al. v. Dynamic Building Corporation, et al. (Allegheny County, PA 2009), obtained summary judgment for a property owner in a wrongful death case involving a construction worker who died as a result of a fall from the roof of the client’s building while performing renovation work.
- Curtis, et al. v. Hartley Trucking Company, Inc. (Kanawha County, WV 2005), wrongful case involving 3 fatalities successfully resolved within the policy limits following extensive fact and expert discovery.
- Adkins, et al. v. Marathon Ashland Petroleum, et al. (Wayne County, WV 2004), successfully defended and resolved hundreds of claims for personal injury and property damage as result of a release of over 20,000 gallons of coal tar light oil from a railcar into a residential community. Also, defended the cross-claim asserted by a major oil company to verdict and resolved all claims within the client’s insurance policy limits.
- Hill v. Ashland, Inc., et al. (Marshall County, WV 2011), obtained voluntary dismissal for a solvent manufacturer and target defendant in a case alleging benzene exposure.
- Wamsley, et al. v. G.A. Brown & Son, et al. (Tucker County, WV 2012), defense of a general contractor in a wrongful death/medical monitoring claim in which Plaintiffs are alleging exposure to “toxic dust” as a result of construction renovation work on the Tucker County, WV Courthouse.