John J. Gaughan
John Gaughan brings more than three decades of experience to a practice which centers on workers’ compensation litigation and appeals, including the defense of insurance companies and self-insureds in all aspects of workers compensation practice in Pennsylvania.
Mr. Gaughan handles all aspects of Federal Black Lung and Longshore and Harbor Workers Act claims. His administrative experience and practice includes Social Security, Unemployment Compensation, Employment Law, Long-Term Disability and Workers Compensation claims. He has also represented government entities in heart and lung cases, correctional facilities for Act 534 and Act 632 matters.
Mr. Gaughan has practiced in every county in Pennsylvania and, with his unique background with both an MBA and a Masters in Counseling Psychology, he has been a sought-after presenter to counsel, insurance adjusters, employers, unions, physicians and others on a wide range of topics including Mental-Mental claims, Wage Loss issues, Third Party Subrogation, Statutory Employers and Specific Loss Benefits.
- Undergraduate: Mercyhurst College, B.A. Sociology
- Undergraduate: Waynesburg College, B.S. Business Administration
- Graduate: Gannon University, M.S. Counseling Psychology
- Graduate: Waynesburg College, M.B.A.
- Law School: Duquesne University, School of Law, J.D.
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Workers’ Compensation Section of the Allegheny County Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association (former Board Member)