Practice is primarily focused on civil litigation, including general liability defense, toxic torts, product liability and construction litigation.
Undergraduate:La Roche College (cum laude) – B.S. Accounting and Business Management, 1999
- Letterman on the baseball team.
Law School:Duquesne University Law School – Juris Doctorate, 2002
- Participated in Duquesne University’s Tax Practicum which provided legal assistance to individuals with income tax disputes
- Contributed as an articles editor for Duquesne University Law School’s Juris Magazine
- West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- United States Supreme Court
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- 2010, 2013-2017 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Star
- State trial courts in Pennsylvania
- Federal District Courts of Pennsylvania
- State trial courts in West Virginia
Prior legal experience in the areas of family law and tax law.
- Ellis v. Beemiller, Inc., et. al., (W.D. Pa.). Successfully defended and obtained summary judgment on behalf of a firearms manufacturer and firearms distributor. The lawsuit alleged that Plaintiff sustained personal injury as a result of an alleged defect in the pistol he was handling.
- Green v. Macedonia Baptist Church, (Ohio County, WV). Successfully argued and obtained a dismissal of a lawsuit alleging personal injuries as a result of a fall on the Defendant’s property.
- Estate of Mary Herron v. Avon Products, Inc., et. al., (Allegheny County, Pa.). Successfully argued a motion to remove a cosmetic talcum powder case from the asbestos docket and to have the matter assigned to the Commerce and Complex Litigation Center.
- Finney v. Cameron International Corp., et. al., (Allegheny County, Pa.). Obtained summary judgment on behalf of an employer defendant where it was alleged that the Plaintiff sustained injuries as a result of alleged exposure to asbestos fibers.