Chris focuses his practice on civil litigation, including construction litigation, products liability, automobile liability, trucking and transportation liability, toxic torts liability, and general insurance practice liability.
Chris has handled product liability claims for many different types of products including industrial equipment, household appliances, HVAC systems, benzene, pesticides, and other chemicals.
Chris also has extensive experience in asbestos litigation and currently serves as a company’s national coordinating counsel for asbestos claims filed against it in multiple states across the United States.
Chris recently received the coveted Golden Gavel Award from Westfield Insurance Company for providing outstanding advice on a large fatality claim.
Mr. Yoskosky is a member of the Allegheny County Bar Association and the Defense Research Institute.
Chris was nominated to and is a member of the prestigious Claims and Litigation Management (CLM) Alliance, a by-invitation-only national organization created to meet the needs of professionals in the claims and litigation management industries.
When not practicing law, Chris is an avid hiker and enjoys traveling.
Undergraduate:Dickinson College, B.A. English, 1990
Law School:University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 1995
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania State and Federal courts.
- Represented a general contractor sued for alleged defective construction of a large commercial building. The building owner claimed that a faulty HVAC system caused severe damage to the building of over $700,000.00, as well as business interruption losses. Obtained a completed dismissal of all claims against the general contractor by arguing that a waiver of subrogation clause in the construction contract between the owner and the general contractor acted as a complete bar to the claims.
- Represented a restaurant owner which was sued by a patron claiming that he suffered severe injuries after being assaulted in the restaurant. After a multiple day jury trial, the trial judge found no liability against the restaurant as a matter of law and granted Compulsory Non-Suit in favor of the restaurant.
- Represented a government homebuyer’s program in multiple claims by homeowners who asserted that faulty construction caused water infiltration and mold in their homes with resulting property damages and personal injuries. Obtained a complete dismissal of all claims against the homebuyer’s program by arguing that claims against the client were barred by governmental immunity, and also that the claimants released all potential claims against the client pursuant to the contract between the parties.
- Represented a manufacturer of refractories products sued for allegedly causing injuries to numerous workers at a manufacturing facility by exposing them to asbestos and silica. Avoided protracted and costly litigation by obtaining early dismissal of all claims based upon claimants’ failure to prove exposure to the manufacturer’s products.