Adam S. Auchey
Mr. Auchey’s legal practice focuses on the defense of individuals and businesses in civil matters involving products liability, premises liability, trucking and automobile accidents, catastrophic personal injuries, and contracts and business litigation.
Undergraduate:University of Tampa, B.S. in Criminology, cum laude, 2004
Law School:The Pennsylvania State University, The Dickinson School of Law, J.D. 2007
- West Virginia
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- State trial courts in Pennsylvania and West Virginia
- Federal Courts in Pennsylvania
Prior to joining Zimmer Kunz in 2017, Mr. Auchey worked for a regional law firm, successfully defending individuals and businesses in matters of products liability, premises liability, trucking and automobile accidents, contracts and business litigation, bad faith, medical malpractice, and traumatic personal injuries throughout Pennsylvania and West Virginia. He has been admitted pro hac vice in other jurisdictions, including Ohio, to handle complex or catastrophic matters.
- Mr. Auchey currently serves on the Board of Managers of the Rose E Schneider Family YMCA.
- Mr. Auchey is a volunteer judge for Seneca Valley Senior High School Graduation Projects.
- Previously, he participated in the Pittsburgh Penguins Foundation’s Project Power Play, assisting in the construction of dek hockey rinks in the Pittsburgh area and as a coach for a coach-pitch baseball team at the Rose E Schneider Family YMCA.
- Obtained judgment on the pleadings in a products and premises liability matter against the original defendant’s claims, successfully invoking the exclusivity provision of Pennsylvania’s Worker’s Compensation Act upon review of the contract between the parties.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of the property owner in a premises matter based on a contract between the defendants, requiring the snow removal company to defend and indemnify the property owner.