Sharon Z. Hall
Ms. Hall practices in Pennsylvania and West Virginia, where she defends insurers, corporations, individuals and non-profit groups in actions for professional liability, employment discrimination, nursing home liability, wrongful termination, vehicular negligence and environmental torts.
Ms. Hall and her partners have defended many large scale tort actions in West Virginia including the defense of an industrial contractor in a wrongful death action following a catastrophic stack fire, the defense of a non-profit residential facility on allegations of professional negligence and numerous actions to defend insurers for allegations of breach of contract and bad faith.
Ms. Hall has tried cases to verdict in the state courts of Pennsylvania and West Virginia as well as the United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia.
Undergraduate:Marshall University, BA, Liberal Arts, 1989
Graduate:Marshall University, MA, English, 1991
Law School:Duquesne University School of Law, 2002
- Law Review
- Trial Moot Court Honor Board
- ABA Student Delegate
- West Virginia
- United States District Courts for the Western and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania
- United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia
- A native of Cabell County, West Virginia, Ms. Hall has defended matters throughout Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
Ms. Hall has been with Zimmer Kunz since her graduation from the Duquesne University School of Law in 2002. Prior to that, Ms. Hall was a Claims Specialist with Westfield Group, handling complex property and casualty matters throughout West Virginia and western Pennsylvania. In this capacity, Ms. Hall routinely participated in investigations, coverage analysis and mediation.
- Successful appeal of dismissal following oral arguments before the West Virginia Supreme Court in a case concerning a catastrophic fish kill in Dunkard Creek, Pennsylvania in 2009. Case currently pending in state court.
- Ruling for the defendant insurer in bad faith/breach of contract action in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.
- Defense verdict in professional liability matter against non-profit agency on aging.
- Defense of wrongful death action arising out of a catastrophic fire in a smoke stack at a power plant in West Virginia. Successful resolution securing a full and final release prior to trial.